Clarens is situated in the Eastern Free State Highlands, on the northern-most point of Lesotho. It is known for the spectacular sandstone mountains and wonderful climate and is regarded as one of the most picturesque areas in the country.
Clarens is situated roughly:
- 20 km from the Golden Gate Highlands National Park;
- 39 km from Bethlehem;
- 3 hours normal travelling time from Johannesburg (302.9 km) via the R26 and N3;
- 2h54 normal travelling time from Bloemfontein (285.5 km) via the N5 and N1;
- 4h16 normal travelling time from Durban (410 km) via the N3.
Tripadvisor lists some 26 restaurants, coffee shops and farms stalls within a 20 km radius of Clarens, as well as roughly 1000 beds in Clarens and 4000 in the immediate district.
Read more about Clarens:
Accommodation in Clarens
SPECIAL MALUTI DOUBLE90 OFFERProtea Hotel Clarens
Our accommodation sponsor for the 2022 Maluti Double 90, the Protea Hotel Clarens, is offering the following special rates to event participants:
R2000.00 single occupancy
R2200.00 double occupancy
The rates quoted;
Are subject to availability
Include breakfast & VAT
Are for our standard room type only, upgrade fees apply for other room types
Do not include a 1% Tourism Levy
Cyclists should reference MalutiD90 when calling or emailing to book
Reservations can be sent through to Protea.Clarens.Reservations@proteahotels.com
You can also book your accommodation through one of these two local accommodation experts:
For more information about Clarens, please email Tammy Hancock at Clarens Tourism on firstname.lastname@example.org
More accommodation links
Please note that all accommodation bookings must be made directly between participants and the establishments. The PPA is in no way responsible for any bookings made in this regard.
- https://www.sanparks.org/parks/golden_gate/all.php The Golden Gate Highlands National Park offers several accommodation options within 30 km from Clarens, including the Golden Gate Hotel and chalets; Glen Reenen Rest Camp; Highlands Mountain Retreat; Basutho Cultural Village; and Noordt Brabant Guest House.
About the Organisers
Supporters, Sponsors and Special offers
THANK YOU TO ALL OUR SPONSORS:
Title sponsor as of 2022:
Presenting sponsor as of 2022:
Golden Gate Highlands National Park water point sponsor and general supporters:
Route and water point marshals: